The gold sun disc was one of the most sacred and valuable artifacts of the Inca. Legend states that it came from the sky and was recovered from Lake Titicaca. It was three feet wide, made of rare translucent gold and was said to have magical powers. The Inca believed it could heal any injury, stop time, and prevent or even start earthquakes.
The Inca placed it inside their Temple of the Sun, in the Peruvian city of Cusco and used it to receive information directly from the Sun God, Tiki Viracocha, the Universal Mind at the center of the galaxy.
- Contains 1 Oz of .999 fine Silver with a Gold gilded finish
- Comes in box along with a certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: Depicts a domed version of the crest of the Republic of Palau along with an image of a kayak that symbolizes the migration of Palau's population. The crest features Neptune holding a trident with a chest of treasure to his right and a mermaid on his left along with the inscription "RAINBOW'S END." Above the crest is the inscription "REPUBLIC OF PALAU" with the denomination of 5$ at the base of the coin.
- Reverse: Features an intricately designed representation of the sun disc with the 2021 year-date inscribed at the base of the coin.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Palau government.
In 1532 the Spanish Conquistadors landed in Peru and destroyed the temple. The Inca realized that they were in big trouble and that these Spaniards were after their gold. Would they hide their dearest treasure or were they too late? That’s the big question. The golden disc has many theories as to how it went missing. The most popular theory of historians is that it was saved by the Inca people and taken to another Inca city. That city, Gran Paititi, is also coincidently missing today. It’s rumored to sit high up in the Andes at an elevation of 14,000 feet at the highest levels of Inca civilization.
Others say it was moved to Lake Titicaca where it remained hidden beneath the waters, in a subterranean temple. Another theory is that this artifact was melted and shipped to Spain. So even today, the legends lives on. CIT has used its enhanced smartminting® technology to create a stunning 1 oz gilded silver version of the sun disc. The silk finish gives it an ancient look with a ultra high relief domed face on the reverse. The irregular design is faithfully captured on this piece and the coat of arms on the obverse is set into the inverted dome that helps give this piece its stunning relief.
With this coin you might be able to talk directly to the Inca Sun God yourself. But with only 2021 minted, only a few will have the privilege!
Please do not hesitate to call MetalStacks at 561-529-3001.