Limited-Edition Coin Tells The Story Of The Pharaohs
Released on behalf of the Cook Islands, this legal-tender $5 silver coin is limited to a mintage of just 1,500 for the entire world. Depicted left to right on the coin are incredible depictions of the pharaohs that are more like a bas relief than a legal-tender coin:
- Akhenaten reigned as pharaoh for 17 years from around 1353 to 1336 B.C. He was vilified by the pharaohs that followed him for having the audacity to turn his back on the gods by establishing a new religion centered on just one god: the sun god Aten. His son was Tutankhamun, better known as “King Tut,” who restored the Ancient Egyptian religion.
- During his long reign from 1479 to 1425 BC, Thutmosis III raised the kingdom of Egypt to the height of its power. Besides conquering all of Syria and extending Egypt’s borders east across the Euphrates River and south into the Sudan, Thutmosis also built more than 50 temples, monuments, and other structures, including the famous Temple of Karnak.
- Known as “The Crocodile Queen,” Sobekneferu was Egypt’s first female pharaoh. Her name honors the crocodile god Sobek, whose identity appears in both her birth and throne names. Despite reigning less than four years during the mid-18th century BC, she was responsible for several architectural achievements including additions to the funerary complex at Herakleopolis Magna, named by the Greeks as “The Labyrinth of Herodotus.”
- TRIBUTE TO THE PHARAOHS OF EGYPT – This coin captures all the splendor of the pharaohs and the architectural wonders built to honor them. It shows the pharaohs Akhenaten, Thutmosis III, and Sobekneferu on the reverse while the coin’s obverse features Pyramids of Giza with a domed effigy of Queen Elizabeth II.
- ULTRA HIGH RELIEF DETAIL – These coins were struck by Germany’s Mayer Mint using Coin Invest Trust (CIT) Smartminting© Technology for extraordinary Ultra High Relief (UHR) images on both sides of the coin.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY PURE SILVER – Each Legacy of the Pharaohs Ultra High Relief Coin was struck in a full ounce of highly pure 99.9% fine silver and measures 38.61 mm in diameter.
- LEGAL-TENDER COIN – These One-Ounce Silver Legacy of the Pharaohs Ultra High Relief Coins are $5 legal tender in the Cook Islands, a nation made up of 15 islands in the South Pacific Ocean.
- GORGEOUS PROOF CONDITION – Your 2022 Cook Islands $5 One-Ounce Silver Legacy of the Pharaohs Ultra High Relief Coin will come in stunning Proof condition with frosted details rising over mirror-like fields.
- LOW LIMITED EDITION – The maximum mintage for the 2022 Cook Islands $5 One-Ounce Silver Legacy of the Pharaohs Ultra High Relief Proof was set at just 1,500.
Please do not hesitate to contact MetalStacks at 561-529-3001.