One of the most famous creatures from Greek mythology isn’t a human, demi-god, or god, but rather, a horse. However, this isn’t just any old horse. The creature known as Pegasus was a brilliant, white stallion with powerful wings that was born from the blood of the gorgon known as Medusa. Right now, 2022 1 oz St. Helena Silver Pegasus Coins are available to purchase online from MetalStacks.
- Arrives in protective plastic flips, tubes of 20, sleeves of 100, or boxes of 500 coins!
- Beautiful new Pegasus design!
- Artwork from Jennie Norris!
- Contains 1 Troy oz of .999 pure silver in BU condition.
- Bears a face value of 1 Pound backed by the Issuing Authority of St. Helena.
- Queen Elizabeth II on the obverse.
- Pegasus on the reverse.
There are two origin stories within Greek mythology that explain the appearance of Pegasus. One of these, from Archaic Greek mythology, suggests that Pegasus was the offspring of Medusa, who in these stories was actually a mare. Later myths within Archaic Greek mythology position Pegasus as being foaled from the blood of Medusa as she was decapitated by Perseus. On the other hand, Classical Greek mythology suggests that the Olympian god known as Poseidon was the father of Pegasus.
Queen Elizabeth II features on the obverse side of 2022 St. Helena Silver Pegasus Coins. This design is the third-generation portrait of the Queen from Royal Mint coinage. Created in 1985 by Raphael Maklouf, this design offers a timeless glimpse of Queen Elizabeth II wearing the George IV State Diadem Crown.
Call 561-529-3001 for more details.