Without question, one of the most popular and beloved coin collections from the Perth Mint is the Australian Kangaroo. This series is one of its oldest and most diverse, with the gold bullion coins in the series available since 1986 when the program was known as the Gold Nugget. Today, 2023 1 oz Australian Silver Kangaroo Coins are available to you online at MetalStacks.
- Available to you inside plastic flips, protective tubes of 25 coins, or mint-sealed Monster Boxes of 250 coins!
- 8th date in the Australian Silver Kangaroo BU Series!
- Unlimited mintages in 2023!
- Contains 1 Troy oz of .9999 pure silver in BU condition.
- The face value of $1 (AUD) is fully backed by the Australian government.
- On the obverse is Queen Elizabeth II.
- The reverse features a leaping kangaroo.
- Micro-laser engraved security element on the reverse.
Australian Kangaroo coinage started in 1990 when Perth Mint rebranded the Gold Nugget as the Gold Kangaroo. That BU Series is the longest-running kangaroo collection at Perth. Silver Kangaroos were available in the 1990s and 2000s, but predominantly as proof specimens with ever-changing designs. In 2016, Perth introduced the Silver Kangaroo BU Series with a static design and .9999 pure silver content.
Please do not hesitate to contact MetalStacks at 561-529-3001.