Arethusa is a nymph in Greek mythology who decided to bathe in a clear stream that belonged to the river god, Alpheus. The god ended up falling in love with Arethusa and went on a pursuit after her. Arethusa turned to Artemis for help and was eventually transformed into a freshwater spring. This nymph was a mainstay on Syracuse coins and now you can experience her on a modern-day coin with this 2023 1 oz Antique Cook Islands Silver Arethusa Coin.
- Available in a presentation case with a Certificate of Authenticity!
- 4th coin in the Numismatic Icons Series!
- Limited mintage of just 1,500!
- Contains 1 Troy oz of .999 pure silver.
- Bears a face value of 5 Dollars backed by the Cook Islands.
- The effigy of Queen Elizabeth II is on the obverse field.
- Arethusa is on the reverse side of the coin.
The Numismatic Icons collection is a collaboration between CIT and the Cook Islands. Arethusa represents the fourth design in the series alongside the tortoise, Pegasos, and Athena’s Owl. All four designs in this series are available in three options, a 1 oz gold coin, a 1 oz silver coin, and a 1/2 gram gold proof coin.
Queen Elizabeth II is featured on the obverse of each 2023 Antique Cook Islands Silver Arethusa Coin. Her Majesty can be seen with the Girls of Great Britain and Ireland diamond tiara as she’s surrounded by identifying marks of the coin.
The reverse side of the 2023 1 oz Antique Cook Islands Arethusa Coin showcases the portrait of Arethusa. This unique portrait shows the Greek nymph wearing a necklace and an elegant earring as she’s surrounded by swimming dolphins. This depiction of Arethusa can be traced back to around 500 BC.
Please do not hesitate to contact MetalStacks at 561-529-3001.